Family-run hardware, cook shop and garden centre.
In 1957 Arnold Swift bought the ironmongery business from Girtie Prestwick and continued to sell ironmongery and general farm supplies from the front room of 55 Berry Lane.
As they became available, the two adjoining terrace properties on Berry Lane (53 and 57) were purchased as well as land at the rear on Warwick Street. This considerable increase in space allowed a massive expansion in stock and enabled several new product ranges to be offered.
One stop shop is a term that is often mentioned, but when it comes to Swift’s it just could be true! Having been established 50 years and grown year on year, there isn’t all that much that they don’t have in stock, and if they don’t have it they will do their very best to order it for you as soon as they can.
They really have three shops in one. They have an extensive range of quality cookware, hundreds of DIY products in their hardware section, and a very impressive gardening selection.